Deacons met on Jan. 24 to reorganize Officers and Committee members and conduct business as usual.
Welcome to our new deacons for 2023: Nancy Zane, Nancy MacDermott, Brett McMichael, and Nicholas L. Zorio
Moderator - Joyce Woodrow
Vice Moderator - Brett McMichael
Treasurer - Steve Elliott
Secretary - Sandy Norcross
Chancel Committee- Chair: Steve Elliott, Sue Golding, and Brett McMichael
Correspondence Committee- Chair: Nancy Butler, Debbie Becker and Nancy Zane
Literature- Chair: Joyce Woodrow
Visitation Commision- Chair: Nancy McDermott, Nick L. Zorio, and Sandy Norcross
Special Projects Commision- Chair: Denise Pitchford, Clay Cary and Elaine Miller
2023 Nominating committee member- Nancy MacDermott
Business discussed during the Jan. meeting:
· Communion on Nov. 27, 2022 was served to 52 people, and Jan. 15, 2023, 55 were served. Next communion: Feb. 19
· In 2022, a total of 562 greeting cards were sent to church members and friends! Please consider donating cards or postal stamps to continue this outreach ministry.
· Food collections for the Greater Woodbury Cooperative Ministries (GWCM) Food Bank totaled 1478 items in 2022. Thank you for all who donate food items each Sunday. Special thanks to John & Kathy P!
· February food suggestions: hot chocolate, canned or bottled juice, can or instant coffee or any non-perishable food is much appreciated.
· Christmas ’22 was very successful. Thank you to everyone who decorated and undecorated the Sanctuary and donated gifts under the Giving Tree for 5 families in our community, plus toys to GWCM families.
· An e-vote in Dec.’22 resulted in approval of purchasing a garden stone to replace a worn, illegible sign for the Memorial Garden’s dedication in 2001.
· New Elders and Deacons will be installed Feb. 19.
· 40 battery-operated candles and batteries were approved to be purchased for the use at Christmas for the wrought-iron candle posts. –Thanks to Debbie B’s vision and research.
*A Community Lenten Bible Study will be held March 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 at Christ Episcopal Church, 63 Delaware St., Woodbury with a soup supper at 6 -7pm and Bible Study from 7 -8:30 pm – all are invited to attend! See Joyce Woodrow or Kathy Pedicone for details.
Mark your Calendars:
Feb. 19 – Congregational meeting & installation of elders & deacons
Feb. 22 – Ash Wednesday service at our church –details TBA in church and upcoming notices
May 3 – Sunshine Luncheon - invitations will be mailed in Feb
Graduate Sunday is June 4, 2023 - -Please notify Deacons of your family members that will be graduating this year!
In Christ’s Service, The Board of Deacons